Small and Cottage Industries collectively refer to those industries in which products and services
are created in their own Home/Village and not in any Factory. In Small and Cottage Industries,
skilled craftsmen manufacture goods in their Homes/Villages with less capital and more efficiently
through their hands. This type of industry is associated with Community Development Programs,
Poverty Alleviation Programs and Integrated Rural Development. Small and Cottage Industries
can be classified into the following categories:
- Rural Small and Cottage Industries
- Urban Small and Cottage Industries
IMPORTANCE OF COTTAGE INDUSTRY
Appreciating Need, Importance & Relevance and Generating Commitment of Urban Poor towards Self-Employment
- Employment Generation
- Use of Local Raw Material
- Developing Entrepreneurship
- Training Ground for Local Entrepreneur
- Efficient Use of Productive Factors
- Promotion of Products.
BENEFITS FROM TRAINING
- Through this training, our Organization will train Youths/Women living in rural areas in various industries and help them to start employment or start their own businesses so that they will become self-reliant.
- The training program will be conducted at the national level in collaboration with regional level Organizations.
- There will be a maximum of 30 candidates in each training group.
- Candidates joining this training program can start their own business in any of the sector
by getting training of any industry in the said industries or the Organization will provide
them employment in that area.
- Our Organization will help in starting own business. The training of the said industries can
range from 5 days to 10 days depending upon the course .
- After training, certificates will be distributed to all the trainees in 15 working days .
- Thereafter, they will be helped to provide jobs or they will be helped to start the unit.
Note - Training will be conducted in the candidates' own Village/District.
Azad Foundation’s mission is to equip resource-poor women with knowledge and skills so that they excel as professionals and entrepreneurs To help people by providing them with work in their homes and to give loans and other form of monetary help
The broad objectives that the AZAD has set before it are…
- The social objective of providing employment.
- The economic objective of producing saleable articles.
- The wider objective of creating self-reliance amongst the poor and building up of a strong rural community spirit.
Major component relevant to the target beneficiaries are Product training.
Some of the important features of such ED program (EDP+) are as under:
- Our training is designed to meet 100% hands on experience which means the beneficiaries would be making the products by themselves.
- To impart knowledge on identification of business opportunities and preparation of business plan
- Familiarization on procedure and formalities of setting of an enterprise including registration
- Develop skills on management of a unit including their finance, regulatory and statuary requirements.
- Hygiene, FSSAI standards, Weights & Measures regulation
Product Specific Skilling
- Profile of products under the group, procurement and quality standards complementary products, by products and their use.
- Profile of processing technology, overview of machinery, their costing any sourcing
- Different types of packing, scientific storage, shelf life and food handling
- Product quality and safety requirement as per the national and international standards
- Appreciation of the importance of quality of products.
Domain Skills & Platform Skills
Domain Skills refers to the course-specific skills, technical knowledge, and knowhow to perform a specific job accurately. Platform Skills refers to presentation behaviors that a trainer uses to transmit content effectively.
Trainers must demonstrate excellent platform skills to get their messages across
Master Trainer will train the District Trainer (DT ) for two core skills being domain skills andplatform skills.
A TOT (Training of trainers) will be conducted for all course DT trainers and they will train the specific course beneficiaries
Modes of Delivery
The training would be delivered by following modes
- Classroom lecture & demonstration
- Self-paced online learning material
- Training on machines
- Problem solving
- Time management
WHY CHOOSE AZAD
- AZAD is having 25 years of rich experienced Master trainers , which makes it the most informative training.
- We give you one-to-one knowledge and training as we have experts sharing their wide range of study of years, which adds to the value.
- We have a course review system, and the plan is to help our student start their manufacturing.
- We have formulated our standard recipes PAN India .
- We believe that practical knowledge is everything, so our workshops have been more in
- Our teaching methodology is well versed with examples so that anyone can understand.
- Established raw material and packing material supply Centers in all the District Headquarters
and sub-centers in all the important cities.
- Our mission is pure to help you in all the ways required.
- We are your partner in success and give you lifetime support even after course completion.
Any adult beneficiary above 18 years is eligible for training.
Choose one course so that you would require your 100% to be able to achieve the desired outcome.
We recommend that you devote your full energy to this program.
It is a one or two weeks training programme where you will be learning the various peripheries of
the course preferred.We recommend that you devote your full energy to this program.
The training programme is designed specifically to help you become aware about the inner working
of the manufacturing . If you want to become an entrepreneur, than this course will surely help you
make your way towards successWe recommend that you devote your full energy to this program.
No ,Azad will provide all the materials and equipments for training and manufacturing unit generate unique ideas and also select the best idea based on your strengths and interest in earning
You will get a certificate within 15 days after the completion of the training programme generate unique ideas and also select the best idea based on your strengths and interest in earning
After the duration period of one month the manufacturing unit will be started.
No ,You have to only manufacture products ,Azad will get the products from each unit by providing
the making charges for the products and will do the marketing.
You will receive the amount in three working days after submission of the products.
Azad Foundation will provide materials for the all successful beneficiaries to work and earn and will
do branding and marketing by a team in that State. Each of them will get the amount in per piece/kg